KUWAIT – To the country that I was born in and where i still live..
It’s always been fun to go on the roads with ear blowing horns and cartons of spray cans so that we never run out and the colorful wigs on the heads and flags waving in our hands… thank you for so many memories and so many things… of course the new trend is water guns so i am not going out on the road this year…. unless i am forced to….
But even better if you have not planned anything you should head out to the Kuwait Regency Hotel and to view the first 3D Projection Mapping on the building, that will talk about Kuwait history the past and the present.
the first show : from 7:00pm to 8:00pm
the second show : from 9:00pm to 10:00pm, In addition to Fireworks and Sky lanterns Show.
Enjoy and Kuwait We Love You!
How many of you have the privilege of being a member of this very Exclusive Club …
Well let me tell you something “If you let something slide, it’s because it wasn’t a priority, not because you were busy.”
And here’s additional reality check: because we’re all busy, no one genuinely cares about how busy anyone is? We all make time for what seems important or matters to us.
Too busy, always late – people who matter to you will let it pass by for a while. If you want to really connect despite being busy then you have to respect their needs and time as much as your own. Or else you are better off with the kind of people who are fine with that low level of effort and attention.
The rules for dealing with being “so busy” are pretty simple:
- Stop being busy: If you are busy at work and it prevents you to do something else you want to, then stop being busy, it’s not rocket science!!
- Stop whining and enjoy it: Busy people tend to do more, not less so enjoy it – it won’t last forever —however, being “so busy” that you become overwhelmed doesn’t help anyone.
- Refresh: Before you end up with your own problem of being too busy, take a coffee break, go for a long walk, stop for a healthy snack, laze around for an hour or so.. And then get ready for the Busy-ness.
The more I actually write about this I realize how awful it sounds to complain about your workload and act as though you are the victim of the number of commitments in your Life!
So people, I think it is beautiful to be busy and I guess that’s our ultimate goal not to just waste way our life but keep ourselves occupied at all times, keep trying new things, learning new stuff, handling new situations, accepting new challenges etc. After all “Life is too short”. But I am getting a bit bored of hearing the constant excuse of “I am busy” for not achieving your deadlines or getting things done as a “Get out of Jail Free Card”.
Because sometimes that can make you look like a totally dyed-in-the-wool, out of your mind, highflyer…
Also, the difference between some people is for instance – some people are busy with things they love vs. people busy with obligations. So Stop and examine what you are doing and eliminate appropriately!
Because guess what: we all are busy !!!
Since we are 5 days away from the So Much Hyped Valentine’s Day… I came up with a few tips for the men in your lives and vice versa for the women too..
Just because it’s another occasion of togetherness and love to celebrate you don’t have to always spend so much time racking your brains and then when you haven’t come up with any ideas, you want to overdo it and hence you (WOMEN) end up spending much more… So how about you try the following:
- Show him you care by smaller but more meaningful ways like THANK HIM for when was the last time he complimented you or listened to your decision or let you run after your goals no matter what.. Just by thanking him and appreciating him – you will see the glow in his eyes!
- Make him feel extra special by COMPLIMENTING him on things you perhaps did and now you don’t do it anymore.. Talk about his favourite shirt, his sense of humor (not all of them have it so if he doesn’t please don’t try – you could get into trouble…) How people think he’s so charming or even better how the family looks up to him. I am sure once you do the above, he will surely feel on top of the world knowing about his good qualities.
- Cook a home cooked meal, decorate the table – throw in a little attention and romance in the air – light the candles… the oil burners.. Soft music.. Or the perfect movie…. Do stuff you would do when you are first dating..
All this and you women are done with doing stuff for this 14th Feb..
And now for the men to show you care – it is very simple:
- Book her a Spa treatment
- Take her shopping
- Book a dinner for two in a nice, cozy, warm restaurant
- Ask her if there is anything that you can do for her… just PAMPER HER
- Last but not the least – SURPRISE HER with a Present…. Oooops and the flowers too…
Now, why does it have to be so easy for the men the whole time…. 😉
So Everyone – Enjoy your Preparations you still have 120 hrs. to go…..until all you can see is Red!!
After recently watching “Friends with Benefits”.. which I think is a light movie to watch to unwind from a long day staring Justin Timberlake (we all know him also as “21 Hottest Stars Under 21”) and Mila Kunis (I think she’s really beautiful) I loved her role in Forgetting Sarah Marshall also..
I quite enjoyed the Flash Mob in the movie especially in the end when Justin tries to make up with Mila and then today a dear friend shared the following video which I think for the first time in Kuwait is pretty cool.
Click on the Link.