If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn’t want you, nothing can make him stay. Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior. Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy. If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve then heck no, you can’t “be friends”. A friend wouldn’t mistreat a friend. Don’t settle. If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is. Don’t stay because you think “it will get better.” You’ll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better. The only person you can control in a relationship is you.
Always have your own set of friends separate from his. Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you. If something bothers you, speak up. Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you later. You cannot change a man’s behavior. Change comes from within. Don’t EVER make him feel he is more important than you are…even if he has more education or in a better job.
Do not make him into a quasi-god. He is a man, nothing more nothing less. Never let a man define who you are. Never borrow someone else’s man. If he cheated with you, he’ll cheat on you. A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you. All men are NOT dogs. You should not be the one doing all the ending… compromise is a two way street.
Dating is fun…even if he doesn’t turn out to be Mr.Right. Make him miss you sometimes… when a man always know where you are and you’re always readily available to him – he takes it for granted. Don’t fully commit to a man who doesn’t give you everything that you need.
Oprah on Men
There is one missing and yet kneeling on one : Nothing stops him from doing what he wants to do.You cant always have everything but it is upto you how to make the most of what you have. So count your blessings not your money, Money you can borrow – Time you cannot.!
(This is a picture of a guy in Ethopia)
Since we are 5 days away from the So Much Hyped Valentine’s Day… I came up with a few tips for the men in your lives and vice versa for the women too..
Just because it’s another occasion of togetherness and love to celebrate you don’t have to always spend so much time racking your brains and then when you haven’t come up with any ideas, you want to overdo it and hence you (WOMEN) end up spending much more… So how about you try the following:
- Show him you care by smaller but more meaningful ways like THANK HIM for when was the last time he complimented you or listened to your decision or let you run after your goals no matter what.. Just by thanking him and appreciating him – you will see the glow in his eyes!
- Make him feel extra special by COMPLIMENTING him on things you perhaps did and now you don’t do it anymore.. Talk about his favourite shirt, his sense of humor (not all of them have it so if he doesn’t please don’t try – you could get into trouble…) How people think he’s so charming or even better how the family looks up to him. I am sure once you do the above, he will surely feel on top of the world knowing about his good qualities.
- Cook a home cooked meal, decorate the table – throw in a little attention and romance in the air – light the candles… the oil burners.. Soft music.. Or the perfect movie…. Do stuff you would do when you are first dating..
All this and you women are done with doing stuff for this 14th Feb..
And now for the men to show you care – it is very simple:
- Book her a Spa treatment
- Take her shopping
- Book a dinner for two in a nice, cozy, warm restaurant
- Ask her if there is anything that you can do for her… just PAMPER HER
- Last but not the least – SURPRISE HER with a Present…. Oooops and the flowers too…
Now, why does it have to be so easy for the men the whole time…. 😉
So Everyone – Enjoy your Preparations you still have 120 hrs. to go…..until all you can see is Red!!