“They didn’t agree on much. In fact, they didn’t agree on anything. They fought all the time and challenged each other ever day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other.”
“February” no matter what always seems like the cozy month between the cold January and the Springish March. It’s like a second chance of making things happen, that we thought we would do in January but then we think March will be too late to let your resolution, ideas, promises, imaginations go wild.
And then before you know its Valentine’s Day. How to go about wishing you beloved one, what to plan, what to buy, how to surprise, where to take, the romance, the special someone in our life, chocolates and red roses and the list goes on.
And some of us are alone too, but don’t have to equate yourself to being lonely. We all are social animals and we all need to be recognized by someone, not necessarily the other half or the same age group too.. But we need to nurture the individual self. We can spend time with ourselves, get to know yourself better, treat yourself and not wait for others to make you feel special or how others perceive you.
We love our children, family, friends, and work – do what makes you happy and be with who you want to be. Feed your soul not for anyone else, but yourself, even if it is silly things, like going shopping, putting your feet up and watching TV.. Whatever puts a smile on your face, excites you and gives you clue to your life ahead.
Forget about the candies, candles, chocolates and roses and no matter what your relationship status says on fb – try to be different!!
- Bake for people at work or a bunch of friends
- Spend time with your parents / grandparents
- Interact more with kids
- Cook your favorite dish
- Have a movie night with your friends
- Buy a good book
- Remember God – Since it is connected to the memory of St Valentine, the man who loved his God and his people.
- Play your favorite list of songs
- Host a dinner for your loved ones, with some great food, music and games.
- Take someone for breakfast, lunch or a day out
- Show kindness to a stranger
- Write cards, letters, and emails appreciating people you admire.
- Give due credit where you should
With or Without Valentine. Be gentle. Be Calm and Be Happy. Have the goodness energy and radiate out to others too. Take out time and reflect on yourself.