After months I came across something, that makes so much sense and makes me want to share it with everyone. I think every word and sentence has so much substance. I am posting here so I can keep it as a constant reminder to self (Keepsake). ” Be Brave, even if you are not, pretend to be”!
Still in Love
When you cross paths with someone you haven’t seen in ages. And you get that ‘seems like yesterday’ feeling. And you are awakened by a long forgotten depth of comfort. And you are enwrapped in a warm sense of familiarity. And your conversation picks up from where you left off that very day you parted. And you want to say everything and nothing at the same time. And you are not in a hurry any more. And you want to take the moment entirely before you lose it, but you are at a loss at where to begin.
And so you stop walking, stop talking, stop thinking and simply gaze at each other – longingly.
Then, know you’re still in love.
Be You Be True
“Life is 10% of What Happens to Me and 90% of How I React to It”
When things aren’t working the way you want them to, or you feel you’re surrounded by problems, it can be tempting to look outward and try to change the things that you feel are causing issues. Chances are the issues you’re facing aren’t so cut and dry. The solution to the problem might just be your attitude. That’s what pastor and educator Charles R. Swindoll believes:
The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company…a church…a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past…we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you. We are in charge of our attitudes.
Source : LifeHacker
We all know him as a very famous motivational speaker and author of the best-selling ” The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People,” which i guess we all have read at some point of time and as for me i think i still have a copy of it lying somewhere at home. God Bless his Soul.
He has also been named one of Time magazine’s 25 Most Influential Americans and he authored a number of books focused on leadership. To name a few of his books “First Things First,“ ”Principle-Centered Leadership,“ and ”The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Families”. He was the inspiration to millions of individuals and also an icon for the corporate world.
Below are 10 quotes from Stephen Covey that have the power to completely change the direction of one’s life.
1) The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.
2) The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.
3) Live out of your imagination, not your history.
4) Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships.
5) Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.
6) I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.
7) You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage—pleasantly, smilingly, nonapologetically, to say “no” to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger “yes” burning inside. The enemy of the “best” is often the “good.”
8) I teach people how to treat me by what I will allow.
9) Love is a verb. Love – the feeling – is the fruit of love the verb or our loving actions. So love her
10) Live, love, laugh, leave a legacy.
Hope we can all learn something from his seminal work and influence both our business and personal situations in the field of self-improvement. (something that is much requried these days)
Wishing everyone a Blessed Day.